Family Tree Maker 2014 makes it easier than ever to discover your family story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage.
Family Tree Maker 2014 lets you easily:
- Organise your family story privately and conveniently on your Desktop computer or laptop
- Build your family tree as Ancestry.co.uk searches over 1 billion historical records, including immigration, marriage and census data
- IMPROVED! Get started quickly with an easy-to-use interface
- IMPROVED! Update your tree using TreeSync from any computer with a Web browser or your mobile device
- NEW! View your tree two ways - in Family View or Pedigree View
- IMPROVED! Get your questions answered with upgraded help topics
- NEW! Export a branch of your tree or automatically sort children in families using simplified common tasks
- IMPROVED! Print your tree using new enhancements to charts and reports including customisable list reports
What's New in Family Tree Maker 2014?
- New Family View — see your family tree in a new way. This additional view (as shown on the right) makes navigating easier, especially when you want to see extended family members.
- Improved TreeSync — lets you easily synchronize your tree in Family Tree Maker with an online Ancestry.com tree.
- More organizational tools — stay organized with new tools that let you sort children automatically by birth order and view people by location, grouping them by country, state, county, and city.
- New and improved charts and reports — more options and views let you display an individual's ancestors, spouses, and children together. Also, the Index of Individuals Report has been expanded with options for anniversary, birthday, and contact lists, and more.
- New tree branch export — a new export option makes it much simpler to export a single branch of your tree.
- More editing options — save time with the ability to copy and paste facts including related source citations, media items, and notes.
Top Ten Reasons to get Family Tree Maker 2014
- Access interactive street and satellite maps - View important locations in your ancestors' lives. Or create a migration map showing where events in their lives took place.
- Easily organize media - Add photos, documents, audio and video in one, easy-to-access location. Link media to multiple people in your tree and incorporate them into charts and reports.
- Share your work with others - Use templates to create beautiful family trees or design your own with powerful charting tools. Enhance charts with backgrounds, embellishments and family photos.
- Discover new family members - Follow hints from Ancestry.com, the world's largest family history resource.
- Create Smart Stories - Transform facts from your tree into stories that update automatically as you update your tree.
- Simplify source creation - Use templates to source everything from online databases to vital records.
- Use standard location names - Use the place authority database to enter place names consistently and in a standard format.
- Explore data like never before - Use new and improved reports to gather information and export it in a variety of formats. Save settings in one report and apply them to others.
- Navigate your tree with ease - View multiple generations, navigate to any individual in your tree with a click of the mouse and add or edit life events.
- Import data from other genealogy programs - Open files created in Legacy™ Family Tree, The Master Genealogist™ and FamilySearch™ Personal Ancestral Files.
The Family tab gives you a comprehensive view of your tree
Each type of chart can be customised to look just the way you want
Media can easily be organised to suit your needs
Access interactive street and satellite maps
- Windows XP*, Vista*, Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Hard drive space: 675 MB for installation
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Display: 1024 x 768 resolution
- DVD Drive required for installation
- Internet connection required for installation
Note: All online features require Internet access. The free Ancestry.co.uk membership requires activation with a valid credit or debit card
*Ancestry Web Search within Family Tree Maker software will have reduced functionality or may not be supported by Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista or Internet Explorer 8 or 9. Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 is required for Ancestry Web Search functionality to work properly.