This is the latest new version of the popular software. You will receive the V8 software on CD and a PDF copy of the full manual.
What's new in version 8?
- Origins Report - See where you came from and the percentage of "blood" you have from your countries of origin with the new Origins Report.
- Migration Report - See how far and wide a person's descendants spread out in the world with the new Migration Report.
- Migration Mapping - Legacy animates the ancestor's movement through time. Watch how they migrated from place to place. View their migration in street, aerial, or 3D modes. Hover over the balloon to see what happened in each location.
- Instant Duplicate Checking - As you are adding new individuals to your tree, Legacy instantly checks to see if perhaps they are already in your family file, helping you avoid inadvertently adding duplicates.
- Potential Problem Alerts and Gaps - Typos and accidental misinterpretation of data are now a thing of the past. The warning symbol is displayed immediately next to info that contains a potential problem. Unusual gaps of time are detected that you may have not previously noticed (like too many years between the births of the children).
- Shared Events - Save time and avoid errors by sharing an event amongst all the individuals who participated in the event. You can specify each person's role in the event.
- Family Bow Tie Chart - Displays the ancestors of both the husband and wife, as well as their children.
- Descendant Chart - Now available in left-to-right formatting.
- Source Quality - Now record the quality (original vs derivative, primary vs secondary, etc., direct vs indirect) of each source as you attempt to prove your conclusions.
- Source Labels - Now print Source Labels to attach to the top of your documents. You will never again lose the citation when making a photocopy for someone else.
- Source Clipboard - The Source Clipboard has been expanded to load up to five different citations that can be assigned at the click of a button.
- Pedigree Citations - Add source citations to your Pedigree Charts, and attach the complete bibliography.
- FamilySearch Integration - Share, discuss, download and interact with FamilySearch's Family Tree (optional).
- Wall Charts - Duplicate lines can now be suppressed, saving room for more photographs and captions.
- Chronology View - Now view the parent's, grandparent's, children's, and grandchildren's vital events in your ancestor's timeline.
- User Interface - Enjoy Legacy's modernized look-and-feel, new color schemes, and new ribbon menu bar. Add two additional custom buttons on the new My Toolbar.
- Tagging - View up to 9 tags at once. Advanced Tagging now shows the counts of each tag.
- Automatic Sorting - Children, marriages, and events are now automatically chronologically sorted as they are added. New global sorting tools are also now available.
- Statistics - Understand your family in new ways with dozens of new statistics: births by era, longest living individuals, average lifespan, longest marriages, families with the most children, most popular given names, most popular surnames, most popular locations and more.
- Media Relinker - It is easier than ever to locate missing or unlinked pictures. Moving from one computer to another is simpler to do.
- Media Gatherer - Got pictures all over your computer? The new Media Gatherer will help you copy or move your genealogy pictures to one common folder, making it easier to share your family file with another computer or family member.
- Web Links - Found evidence of your ancestor online? Easily add a web link to their media gallery to organize a list of their online presence.
- Color Coding - You can now color code from two starting points (one for you and one for your spouse, for example) and track the eight great-grandparents' lines.
- Wall Charts
- Interview Reports
- Source Templates
- Map My Place
- Map My Family
- Guided Setup Wizard
- New Relationship Calculator
- Best Fit Child Columns
- More Powerful Searching
- Standardization Tips
- Edit Records from the "Used by" Lists
- Easily Attach Documents to Individuals and Marriages
- Potential Problems
- Enhanced Backups
- More Remembered Entries
- Windows 98*, Windows NT, Windows ME*, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 100MB hard drive space
- 256MB RAM
- Pentium class computer
- VGA or higher display
An internet connection is recommended. You will also need IE7 if you want to use the Bing Mapping feature.
*Win 98, and Win ME need all available Microsoft Service Packs installed.
Postage and packing will be applied at time of order, this will be shown at the checkout stage. Items in stock are normally shipped the same or next working day, although please be aware shipping may take longer at peak periods such as Christmas. If an item is out of stock, you will be advised of this.
A signature may be required on delivery, so if this might be a problem please provide details of a neighbour who is willing to accept and sign for your parcel.
14 Day Money-Back Guarantee: if the complete package (including any free gifts, unused vouchers and subscriptions) is returned to us within 14 days in the original box and in a saleable condition, we will refund the original cost of the product. These opened goods have to be sold at discount prices and are not sold by mail order. Postage and packing charges are non-refundable and all returns must be authorised and quote a returns code.