If you previously used Reunion 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9, you'll need to upgrade (or convert) your family files to the new Reunion 10 file format. Follow the steps below.
1. Open the Reunion 10 application by double-clicking the Reunion 10 icon in your Applications folder.
2. A window titled "Open" should appear. If not, choose File -> Open.
3. Select your old Reunion family file. You may need to navigate through your folders to locate your old family files. Most likely, your family files are located inside an old Reunion folder. If you're upgrading from version 8, the Reunion 8 folder is probably inside the Applications folder. If the name of your old family file is gray in the Open window list, then click Cancel, find your family file in the Finder, and rename your family file using an extension of ".familyfile" (for example: My Family File.familyfile)
4. When you have your older version family file highlighted in the window, click Open.
5. A window titled "Upgrade Family File" will appear. You'll be asked to name the new, converted family file.
6. Click Convert and Reunion will create a new, version 10 family file and open it for you. Your old family file will not be changed in any way. The information in your new family file will be the same as the information in your old family file.
1. Quit Reunion if it is running.
2. Insert your original Reunion 9 CD.
3. Double-click the Install Reunion icon.
4. A window will appear asking "Would you like to authorize this computer?"
5. Click the Authorize button.
6. Click Quit.