TreeView 2 installation doesn’t happen automatically because the install file (DMG file) is just a disk image; it doesn’t have permission to install an app on your computer. You must choose to do that yourself, using the following instructions:
- Open the disc and go to the 'fscommand' folder.
- Double-click on the 'TreeViewV2x64.dmg' file
- A window should appear with the TreeView Application and a link to your Applications folder.
- Drag the application icon to the Applications folder. (This should copy the TreeView program from inside the DMG file to the Applications folder on your computer.)
- After TreeView has been dragged to your Applications folder, you can run it normally without needing the disc.
The first time you open the program, you may see a warning - however if you agree to open the program, you won’t see the warning again.
If you choose to sync your tree to TreeView Online (at TheGenealogist.co.uk), then you will be asked for your login details for TheGenealogist.co.uk website.
Please note that this is a different website and system to GenealogySupplies.com, where you would have placed your order. This means that you won’t be able to use your login details from GenealogySupplies.com to log in to TheGenealogist.co.uk – you would need to register a separate account for TheGenealogist.co.uk. To do this, click the 'Sign Up' button when you are asked for your email address and password.