Some users have recently encountered an issue when trying to download the program - if you are having problems, right-click on the button on the page and choose 'Save Link As'. This will then download the file. You may get a notification to say the file is unsafe - click 'Keep anyway' and this should continue the download.
RootsMagic 8 has a different file format and extension for database (.rmtree) and backup (.rmbackup) files. The RootsMagic 7 database (.rmgc) and backup (.rmgb) files cannot be opened inside RootsMagic 8. The RootsMagic 7 database (.rmgc) file needs to be imported into RootsMagic 8 by creating a new file. The new database will then have the correct (.rmtree) file extension.
1. Select the File page, then click Create a New RootsMagic file.
2. If you do not already have a file open, you can also select the Home page, then click New File.
3. Select what program to import data from - choose RootsMagic 1-7.
4. Select the file to import
5. Select the folder where you want to create the RootsMagic file
6. Enter a name for the RootsMagic file
7. Choose the options for the new RootsMagic file and click OK
This can happen with computers with a Gaming GPU or are heavy into graphic, video and moving editing. The Scaling (GPU) issue can be resolved by following these steps:
1. Right click on the RootsMagic desktop shortcut
2. Select Properties > Compatibility tab
3. Click "Change high DPI settings" button
4. Check the box "Override high DPI scaling behaviour"
5. Change dropdown to System or System (Enhanced)
6. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect
7. Start RootsMagic 8